FOURTEEN pubs, restaurants, cafes and sandwich shops across Blackburn with Darwen have been given one-star food hygiene ratings.
This comes as the easing of lockdown restrictions across the UK has allowed people to get back to some of their favourite venues.
Across Blackburn with Darwen, residents have been returning to all of their favourite pubs, restaurants and cafes that they have missed during the course of the pandemic.
As such the Food Standards Agency has been carrying out further inspections in recent months to ensure that outlets meet the required hygiene standards.
Inspectors have visited premises across the borough, with information on the Agency’s website having updated on June 6.
While the vast majority of pubs, restaurants and eateries were found to have maintained adequate standards, a number of venues were awarded one-star ratings.
The single star indicates ‘major improvement required’ with outlets required to improve hygiene standards and staff practices.
The ratings provide a basic picture of the standards of food hygiene found at the time of inspection, with all 14 establishments having achieved a good, or very good rating by inspectors.
It is the responsibility of the business to comply with food hygiene law at all times.
The food hygiene rating scheme does not provide information on the quality of the food, customer service, culinary skill, presentation or comfort.
All ratings are available to view online on the Food Standard Agency’s (FSA) and were correct according to the FSA as of June 6 2021.
The list of venues in Blackburn with Darwen rated one:
- The former Amano Restaurant Ltd, Cathedral Square, Blackburn
- JAAN’S BBQ, Charlotte Street, Blackburn
- Kayleighs Baps, Hereford Road, Blackburn
- Lynwood Cantonese, Blackburn Road, Darwen
- Ivy Hotel, Infirmary Street, Blackburn
- Sam’s Bar Higher Church Street, Blackburn
- Curry Palace, Railway Road, Darwen
- Jaffa Shawarma, Bank Top, Blackburn
- Purple Patch Community Cafe, Norwich St, Blackburn
- Rays Fish & Chips, Openshaw Drive, Blackburn
- Sweet Palace, Audley Range, Blackburn
- Tasty Spot, Darwen Street, Blackburn
- The Blue Nile, Bank Top, Blackburn
- Bamboo House, Fore Street, Lower Darwen